Phnom Penh Crown Triumphs in Rain-Drenched Battle Against Young Elephants

Phnom Penh Crown Elephants

By Christian Mitchel

Phnom Penh Crown clashed with the Young Elephants in a thrilling encounter at the Asian Football Cup. Despite a 30-minute delay due to a torrential downpour, the players were determined to deliver an exhilarating performance for the 25,000 fans watching on BTV online and the fans enjoying at the stadium, along with the BPVE team. Let’s dive into the action-packed match that unfolded on the rain-soaked pitch.

The game burst into life just four minutes in when Phnom Penh Crown unleashed a close-range deflected strike that had the Young Elephants’ defense scrambling. However, they managed to weather the initial storm and regroup.

In the 8th minute, Phnom Penh Crown earned a free kick in a dangerous area. A thunderous effort narrowly missed the target, leaving the Young Elephants breathing a collective sigh of relief. But the Crown’s relentless attack continued, as they pressed forward with an impressive header attempt in the 11th minute, keeping the opposition on their toes.

The tempo escalated further in the 20th minute when Phnom Penh Crown’s captain was fouled inside the penalty area by the Young Elephants’ goalkeeper. The resulting penalty went begging as Yudai from Phnom Penh Crown failed to convert, much to the frustration of their supporters.

Phnom Penh Crown’s dominance persisted, with a close header in the 35th minute that had the Young Elephants’ defense scrambling to clear their lines. The Crown’s efforts were finally rewarded in the 42nd minute when they found the back of the net, only for the goal to be ruled offside. A collective groan echoed through the stadium as the scoreline remained unchanged.

Tempers flared in the 43rd minute when a yellow card was brandished to the Young Elephants’ defender. The quick decision by the coach saw him substituted, with number 11 taking his place on the field. Despite the setback, the Young Elephants remained resolute in their counter-attacking strategy, attempting to exploit any gaps left by Phnom Penh Crown.

As the halftime whistle blew, it was evident that Phnom Penh Crown had dominated possession and created the closest scoring opportunities. However, the Young Elephants’ calculated approach ensured they were still in contention, eagerly awaiting the second half to turn the tide in their favour.

The second half commenced with renewed energy, and Phnom Penh Crown wasted no time in capitalising on their momentum. In the 57th minute, they were awarded a penalty for a handball, which was calmly dispatched into the back of the net by Shintaro. The Crown supporters erupted in celebration as their team finally broke the deadlock.

The Young Elephants made a substitution, bringing a change to their strike force in the 66th minute, in a bid to inject fresh attacking impetus. Phnom Penh Crown’s resolve remained unyielding, and they further strengthened their lead when Yudai curled in an exquisite free kick in the 74th minute, leaving the Young Elephants’ goalkeeper rooted to the spot.

A moment of concern arose when Yudai suffered what seemed an injury and had to be substituted in the 81st minute. The Crown introduced his replacement to maintain their stronghold on the match. Sensing the mounting pressure, the Young Elephants made a tactical change, but with little impact. 

In a stunning turn of events, the closing moments of the match between Phnom Penh Crown and the Young Elephants delivered a whirlwind of emotions. The Young Elephants was shown a straight red card in the 91st minute for a reckless foul, leaving the team with just ten men on the field. Tensions ran high as the match reached its climax.

In the 93rd minute, when it seemed said and done Phnom Penh Crown launched a lightning-fast counter-attack. Nieto, fueled by sheer determination, surged forward with incredible speed, leaving the Elephants’ defence trailing behind. With a burst of precision and skill, Nieto slotted the ball into the back of the net, igniting an explosion of jubilation from the Phnom Penh Crown supporters.

As the final whistle sounded, the match concluded with Phnom Penh Crown securing a hard-fought 3-0 victory over the Young Elephants. It was a rollercoaster of emotions, with red cards, late goals, and disallowed strikes, leaving everyone on the edge of their seats. The players and fans alike could hardly catch their breath as they reflected on the thrilling contest that unfolded before them.

This article is adapted from BPVE, ( reported and edited from the great team – Cambodia Sports Review. (
Advertisement Requests Advertisement department:






Twitter (
BPVE News | BPVE.COM (@bpvenews) / Twitter
📢 🎯🦅The future of news is here! BPVE News is your trusted source for the latest updates on sports, music, upcoming #Web3,, and digital assets.

More Like This